You must become a member to browse this website. If you become a member, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by:
- the following terms and conditions of use;
- our eStore terms and conditions,
which together govern our relationship with you in relation to this website. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The term ‘My Virtual HR’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the My Virtual HR website who is My Virtual HR Ltd whose Registered Office and principal place of business are at 71-75, Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, United Kingdom . We may change our principal place of business from time to time or at any time. Updating these terms and conditions shall be deemed to be notice of any such change. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1. Use of this website is only available to members of My Virtual HR who either have a one day trial membership, an annual subscription, or who are Founder Members.
- Save for Founder Members and limited period trial membership, the minimum period of membership shall be one year.
- Founder Membership does not expire.
- Annual Membership rolls on from year to year or until you resign your membership by giving not less than one month’s notice in writing to our above address or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org expiring on the anniversary of the date on which you became a member of My Virtual HR (this information is shown when you login). If shorter notice than this is given, your membership will continue until the next following anniversary of your becoming a member of My Virtual HR and you will be liable to pay the membership fee and other charges, if any, for that period.
- Limited period trial membership expires by effluxion of time.
2. We may, in our sole discretion, make some of the information on this website available to general visitors, or change accessibility to any such material.
3. Access to the material on the website may, in our sole discretion, be restricted by the category of your membership.
4. We may, in our sole discretion, add or remove categories of membership.
5. We reserve the right to restrict or prevent your access to this site, including email support, and telephone support in the event that you are in arrears with payment of your membership fee. We will restore your access on payment of all arrears.
6. Limited period trial membership does not include:
- access to all of the premium content of this website;
- access to those pages and other content that are delivered at timed intervals after commencement of your membership; and
- the ability to purchase any of our products and services other than to upgrade to either monthly or annual membership or to become a Founder Member.
7. Limited period trial membership does not include access to email support or to telephone support.
8. The content of this website is for your general information and use only. It is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice and should not be relied on as such. The content of this website is subject to change without notice.
9. If your membership subscription includes email support and or telephone support, such support is limited to supporting the proper use and interpretation of the documents you have purchased from us, and is also limited to HR guidance. Such support is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice and should not be relied on as such. For the avoidance of doubt, My Virtual HR does not provide legal advice nor do we hold ourselves out as being qualified to do so.
10. We shall endeavour to respond to requests for email support and or telephone support within one working day. This may not always be possible nor is that response time guaranteed. However, we will respond to your enquiry as soon as possible.
11. In the event that you purchase any document or documents from us, we shall endeavour to keep such documents up to date for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase, provided always that you remain an Annual Member or Founder Member of My Virtual HR during that period and your subscription payments are up-to-date. After the period of 12 months has expired, you can purchase an additional 12 months’ maintenance of the said documents, the cost of which is 30% of the then prevailing price. Any such additional maintenance shall be subject to the foregoing provisions of this paragraph.
11.1 Updating of the said the documents shall be for the year and subsequent years from the date of purchase provided always that you remain in membership of My Virtual HR and your subscription is not in arrears. Any delay in making payment for such updating service will not extend the period of maintenance beyond the next anniversary of the date on which you purchased the document(s).
11.2 The said the documents will not be updated during any period during which you are in arrears with payment for the updating service or you are in arrears with your subscription to My Virtual HR.
HR Business Partner (consultancy) and other charges:
12. When purchasing HR consultancy from us, the full payment is due and payable at the time of purchase notwithstanding that we may agree accept payment by installments.
12.1 We record our time in units of 6 minutes.
12.2 Letters, emails and telephone calls are charged at 1 unit of time plus the actual time involved.
12.3 Faxes are charged at £1.50 for the first sheet and £1.00 for each sheet thereafter plus the time involved.
12.4 Traveling expenses, including taxi fares, will be as incurred. Rail fare: standard class; air fare: Business class; private motor vehicle: £0.50 per mile. Accommodation: Medium priced hotel, plus reasonable subsistence. You are required to pre-pay rail fares, airfares, and hotel accommodation charges.
12.5 Consultancy time can be used at any time provided you remain a member of My Virtual HR. All unused HR consultancy time shall be lost if you cease to be a member for any reason, and no refund will be given.
No Warranty or guarantee:
13. Neither we, nor any third parties, provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
13.1 Save where your use of this website and the information contained herein results in your injury or death, our liability to you is limited to the amount of money you paid to become a member of My Virtual HR.
14. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
15. All posts and comments made on this website will be moderated and may be rejected if, in our sole opinion, they are offensive, use profane language or flame other members or the website administrator or are spam. Comments on political or religious topics will not be accepted.
16. This website contains material that is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
17. All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not our property, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the website.
18. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and or be a criminal offence.
19. From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Cancellation of Purchase:
21.1 Downloadable digital products:
21.1.1 You may cancel your purchase at any time before you start to download the digital product. If you wish to cancel your purchase after you have made payment, but before download is started, you must send an email to us stating your PayPal email address and the transaction ID. Once download starts, you can no longer cancel your purchase.
21.2 Bespoke contracts and handbooks:
21.2.1 Bespoke contracts and handbooks are not downloadable digital products. If you wish to cancel your purchase after you have made payment, but before we have started to create your bespoke contract or bespoke handbook, you must send an email to us stating your PayPal email address and the transaction ID. You can no longer cancel your order once we have started to create your bespoke contract or bespoke handbook. For the avoidance of doubt, any communication, in any medium, from us to you seeking information that is reasonably required to create your bespoke contract or bespoke handbook shall be deemed to be starting to create your bespoke contract or bespoke handbook.
21.3 Popular packages:
21.3.1 You must send an email to us stating your PayPal email address and the transaction ID number if you wish to cancel your purchase after you have made payment, but before any of the following events shall have occurred:
- Download of the digital product element is started; or
- You contact us to start using the HR Consultancy element of the package; or
- We have started to create your bespoke contract or bespoke handbook, if that is part of the package.
You can no longer cancel your purchase once any of the events listed above shall have occurred.
21.4 Business Starter Package:
21.4.1 You must send an email to us stating your PayPal email address and the transaction ID number if you wish to cancel your purchase after you have made payment, but before any of the following events shall have occurred:
- We have emailed to you the standard employment contract and standard handbook of your choice; or
- You contact us to start using the HR Consultancy element of the package.
You can no longer cancel your purchase once any of the events listed above shall have occurred.
21.4.2 This package includes Annual Membership of My Virtual HR, which is payable annually in advance. Membership may not be cancelled, even if you cancel the other products and service included in this package, but your notice of cancellation will be treated as notice for the purpose of cancelling your membership when it falls due for renewal.
21.5 HR consultancy time:
21.5.1 If you wish to cancel your purchase after you have made payment, but before any consultancy time has been used, you must send an email to us stating your PayPal email address and the transaction ID. Once you have contacted us to use the HR Consultancy, you can no longer cancel your purchase. Cancellation of your purchase of HR Consultancy time shall be subject to a 25% administration charge.
22. Subject to the following provisions of this clause, payment shall be made in full on purchase and shall be made by PayPal or on invoice icluding PayPal invoice. You can pay the PayPal invoice by the following methods:
- Credit or debit card; and
- Bank transfer.
We do not accept payment in cash or by cheque, postal order, or money order.
22.1 Payment for 1 Day Limited Trial Membership can only be made by PayPal.
22.2 If payment for Annual Membership or Founder Membership and or products and services is made by bank transfer or deposit into our bank account, your membership shall not commence or the products and services provided, as the case may be, until full payment has been received.
22.2 If you wish to make payment for your Annual Membership or Founder Membership and or any products and services on invoice, you should send an email to email@example.com stating:
- your name;
- business name;
- business address;
- the email address you wish to use;
- contact telephone number/Skype name;
- telling us which category of membership and or products or services you wish to purchase;
- The user name you wish to have; and
- The password you wish use.
We will send you an invoice via PayPal. You then have the option of making payment by:
- bank transfer;
- credit or debit card; or
- from your Paypal account.
22.2.1 Your membership shall commence or the products and services provided, as the case may be, when full payment has been received. In the case of membership, we will complete your registration for you using the user name and password provided to us. We will confirm the activation of your account by email so that you may login. You may then change your password if you wish or do so at a later date.
22.3 We shall be entitled to cancel the contract or suspend delivery if we are unable to obtain payment.
22.4 Where the cost of Membership and or products and services are offered at reduced prices, full payment must be received before the end of the promotion period.
23. Refunds will be only be made to the PayPal account that was used to make the purchase. Refunds will usually be made within seven days of us receiving details of the email address of the PayPal account used to make the purchase and a copy of the transaction ID number. If you paid on invoice, please provide the invoice number.
23.1 100% of the cost of downloadable digital products, and 75% of HR consultancy time will be refunded. The cost of membership of My Virtual HR is not refundable.
24. We may from time to time, in our sole and absolute discretion, amend, modify or vary these conditions including varying the subscription charged and or the price of our documents and services.
25. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.